This deliciously simple dessert for bananas with dairy free caramel sauce come together in minutes. The recipe was originally shared with us by a fantastic website called Allergycooks. They’ve sadly since closed, but this sweet treat lives on. It simply begs to be served with big scoops of dairy-free vanilla ice cream.
According to the recipe creator, Lyle’s Golden Syrup is the secret to a rich, buttery dairy free caramel sauce. But in a pinch, you can swap in non-GMO corn syrup or maple syrup.
Special Diet Notes: Bananas with Dairy Free Caramel Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 4 large ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup (75g) dairy-free buttery spread or margarine
- ¼ cup +2 tablespoons (75g) soft brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup (can sub corn syrup or maple syrup)
- Few drops lemon juice
- Peel the bananas and place each onto a dessert plate.
- Put the margarine, sugar and syrup into a saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the temperature and simmer for 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and immediately pour the sauce over the bananas.
- Serve with dairy-free ice cream.