This recipe for arugula salad is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Tina Coopman. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Arugula Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 medium beets, roughly the size of baseballs
- ½ medium size head of fennel
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup lightly packed cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup slivered almonds, roasted if desired
- 4 lime wedges, optional
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon chili sauce
- 1½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pepper to taste
- Using a food processor with shredder blade attached, shred beets and fennel. You can use a handheld grater but beets get messy!
- Combine ingredients for dressing in a separate bowl.
- Mix beets, fennel, cilantro, green onions and salad dressing together.
- Serve on a bed of arugula and top with almonds.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime, optional.