This berry almond clafouti recipe is a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Jannine Fisk. For the creamy base, she uses Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Double Berry Dairy-Free Almond Clafouti
By ingredients, this almond clafouti recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, soy-free, peanut-free, and vegetarian.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Almond Plus AlmondMilk
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Milk Frozen Dessert, as accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 2-quart oval or rectangular glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the raspberries and blackberries in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, orange zest, sugar, brown sugar, flour and salt and whisk well to combine. Pour in the So Delicious Original Almond Plus almond milk, almond extract and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined and smooth. Carefully pour into prepared pan over berries and almonds.
- Bake immediately in the preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, the top is lightly browned and clafouti is puffy. Remove from oven and place dish on a wire rack to cool for 30 - 45 minutes. Clafouti will deflate as it cools.
- When cooled, dust the top with the confectioner's sugar. Serve with a scoop of So Delicious Vanilla Almond Milk Dairy Free Frozen Dessert. Enjoy!