This dairy-free berry smoothie bowl recipe uses delicious, healthy, everyday ingredients. It’s filled with fresh summer blackberries and blueberries, avocado, and lime. It also contains dairy-free yogurt, but you can swap in more frozen banana or extra avocado if you don’t have any on hand.
Speedy Smoothie Bowl Tips
If you’re like us, smoothies might be more of a throw it together morning adventure than a prettily prepared smoothie bowl. But you can plan your delicious nutrition ahead.
Portion out produce for your daily breakfast smoothies or smoothie bowls. Seal each weekday’s smoothie ingredients in separate plastic bags or airtight containers and simply grab one to use each morning. Do the same thing for any smoothie bowl garnishes you plan to use. But store perishables in the refrigerator and shelf-stable toppings within easy reach in the cupboard or on the counter.
This berry smoothie bowl recipe with photo was shared with us aldi.us, but it has been adapted.
Special Diet Notes: Black & Blue Berry Smoothie Bowl
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian, and optionally top food allergy-friendly.
- ¾ cup unsweetened plain dairy-free milk beverage
- ¾ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup plain or unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- ½ avocado, pitted and peeled
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or pure vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon wild honey (can substitute agave nectar for vegan)
- Optional garnishes: ground flax seed, chia seeds, sliced almonds, blackberries, blueberries, lime zest
- Put the milk beverage, blackberries, blueberries, yogurt, avocado, banana, lime juice, vanilla, and honey in your blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top the berry smoothie bowl with your choice of optional garnishes.