This moist and delicious Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding recipe with photo was shared with us by Rudi’s Bakery. It takes just minutes to prepare!
Special Diet Notes: Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
- 9 bread slices (use Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain, Cinnamon Raisin or Original Bread for gluten-free)
- ¼ cup dairy-free buttery spread
- 3 Golden Delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- ½ cup honey or agave nectar (for strictly vegan)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup walnuts (optional; omit for nut-free)
- Spread the buttery spread onto bread and place under a broiler until nicely browned
- Cut the bread into chunks
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker except for walnuts
- Set slow cooker to LOW and leave to cook for 5 to 6 hours. Check in and stir the bread pudding around the 3 to 4 hour mark
- Stir in walnuts before serving with dairy-free ice cream!