No tea bags are required in this is all-natural caffeine-free chai tea. It is much easier than you would think to prepare, and the fragrant flavors will fill your home.
Special Diet Notes: Caffeine Free Chai Tea
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally soy-free and nut-free.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon chopped cardomon pods
- 2 thinly sliced pieces of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- dash nutmeg
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup dairy-free milk beverage (soy, almond, cashew, coconut) heated to room temperature or a bit warmer
- honey, agave or maple syrup to taste
- Add all spices including vanilla bean to the 4 cups water in a large pot.
- Boil for 15 minutes or more, depending on desired strength.
- Remove from heat and strain. Be sure the milk alternative is warmed to at least room temperature.
- Add the milk alternative to the tea and mix well.
- Add sweetener to taste.