Special Diet Notes: Chai Tea
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and optionally top food allergy-friendly.
- 2 cups dairy-free milk alternative
- 1 cups water
- 2 tablespoons loose leaf black tea (or more to taste)
- 1 ½” cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 ½” piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into chunks
- 10 green cardamom pods, crushed slightly
- 7 whole cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- Crush herbs and spices, leaving large pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to a light simmer.
- Do not boil.
- Turn off heat, cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, return to a simmer; strain and serve hot. Can be chilled.