This recipe was submitted by Keith for the Go Dairy Free / ZenSoy Recipe Contest in January 2011. Keith says, “You will find this is a light flavored eggnog. Yes it does mix with rum!”
The recipe is dairy-free, but still uses the richness of an egg for that true eggnog taste. If you confuse eggs with dairy, you’re not alone! See this pos: Are Eggs Dairy?
Since this light recipe does use an egg, it doesn’t require other thickeners, so it is dairy-free and gluten-free!
Special Diet Notes: Low Calorie Dairy-Free Eggnog
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, and vegetarian.
If you confuse eggs with dairy, you’re not alone! See this post: Are Eggs Dairy?
- 2 cups vanilla dairy-free soymilk
- 1 egg
- 1 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, or to taste
- Blend well
- Heat slowly until 180ºF, but stop before a boil.
- Cool or drink warm.