Coffee drinkers have lattes, and now thanks to The Cat-Tea Corner, tea drinkers can have their own chocolate indulgence. Rice, cashew, or almond milk work best in this spiced cocoa tea recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Spiced Cocoa Tea
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally nut-free.
- 1 cup strong black tea, freshly made
- 6 Tablespoons Sucanat® or other sweetener
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, preferably Dutch processed
- 4 cups plain dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the tea into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and cocoa powder and cook, stirring until dissolved, just until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the milk, vanilla, and spices.
- Allow to remain in the pot just until the milk is heated through.
- Pour into cups and serve.