This recipe for black bean and corn tacos is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Tina Coopman. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt) by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Black Bean and Corn Tacos
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. In fact, they are generally all-around allergy-friendly!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large onion, chopped (roughly 1 cup)
- 1 can (2 cups) black beans, rinsed
- 1½ cups frozen or fresh corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large avocado, cubed (roughly 1¼ cups)
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Large pinch salt
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a frying pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook stirring frequently for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add beans, corn, salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook another 4-5 minutes, stirring.
- In a food processor puree together all of the ingredients for the avocado cream. Heat tortillas in microwave or in a pan over the element.
- Divide corn and bean filling equally over the 8 tortillas. Divide the avocado cream and cilantro on top of the filling the same way. Fold, lift and devour.