This cod with honey marinade is another fabulous fish Friday recipe! The simple dish has a delectable flavor that is loved by all … don’t expect leftovers! Serve it over a bed of sauteed greens for an elegant and nutritious presentation, or over rice with a side of your favorite seasonal vegetables.
This recipe with photo for black cod with honey was shared with us by Wild Alaska Seafood.
Special Diet Notes: Alaskan Black Cod with Honey Marinade
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, and peanut-free.
For soy-free black cod with honey, you can swap in coconut aminos for the soy sauce. It will offer a slightly different flavor.
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce or wheat-free tamari (for gluten-free)
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 Alaska black cod fillets (approximately 4 ounces each), fresh or thawed*
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Stir the honey, soy sauce, vinegar and olive oil together in a glass (or non-reactive) dish.
- Place the fillets in the dish, skin side up, so that marinade covers all of the fish flesh. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Remove the fillets from marinade and place on a nonstick (or spray-coated/foil-lined) baking sheet. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roast until the fillets are golden to dark brown, about 7 to 9 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.