This recipe for strawberry ice cream parfaits is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Mimi Chang. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Ice Cream by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Mimi says, “Pick up a container of So Delicious Vanilla Frozen Dessert and dress it up in this strawberry ice cream parfait! The crumble recipe, using multiseed or multigrain crackers, produces a crisp that is nutty, sweet and salty. The coulis celebrates the start of strawberry season and keeps things interesting with the brightness of balsamic vinegar and the bite of black pepper. It is dairy free, gluten free and vegan.”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Strawberry Ice Cream Parfaits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian. Just use caution in selecting the right crackers for your dietary needs.
- 1½ cups sea salt or original gluten-free multigrain/multiseed cracker, ground coarsley in food processor
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12-14 medium sized strawberries, rinsed and dried, plus additional sliced and whole strawberries for garnish
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper, plus some more for dusting
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground crackers, ⅓ cup sugar, salt and oil.
- Place cracker mixture in single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until mixture becomes golden brown.
- Let cool. As it cools, the crumble will harden. Gently break up.
- While crumbles cool, place strawberries, sugar, balsamic vinegar and black pepper into a blender. Puree one or two minutes until smooth.
- Right before serving, uncover frozen dessert and microwave on high for 5 seconds to soften. To serve, scoop frozen dessert into a parfait glass and top with sauce and crumbles. Finish each serving with a pinch of black pepper and a few strawberries to garnish.