Unlike the Starbucks variety, this blueberry almond frappuccino is naturally caffeine-free as it contains no coffee! Instead, it is a chilly blend of frozen probiotic-rich dairy-free yogurt, blueberries and almond milk. The recipe is a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Hidemi Walsh.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
To qualify for the contest, this blueberry almond frappuccino recipe uses Cultured Almond Milk from So Delicious Dairy Free.
This chilly blueberry almond frappuccino is a thick, creamy blend that can be enjoyed with a spoon or a straw. Just be sure to swirl in that blueberry jam for an extra flavor burst.
Special Diet Notes: Blueberry Almond Frappuccino
By ingredients this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 (6-ounce) container So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Cultured Almond Milk
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Plus Milk Beverage
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 4 to 5 roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 teaspoon blueberry jam
- 2-3 fresh blueberries, for topping
- Freeze the cultured almond milk for about 2 hours and chill the almond milk beverage in the refrigerator. If frozen blueberries are not available, also freeze ½ cup of fresh blueberries.
- Place the frozen cultured almond milk, frozen blueberries and almond milk beverage in your blender and blend until smooth, crushing the frozen cultured milk with spoon occasionally if necessary. Add the almonds and blend again for 20 to 30 seconds or until the almonds are crushed coarsely.
- Pour the Frappuccino into a serving glass. Top with the blueberry jam and fresh blueberries.