This recipe is a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Terri Gilson.
According to Terri, “This smoothie is so delicious and guilt-free you CAN do dessert for breakfast (with no regrets)!”
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Special Diet Notes: Blueberry Coconut Cookie Butter Smoothies
For nut-free cookie butter smoothies, use coconut milk beverage rather than almond, and keep a close eye on the “safety” of the extracts if severe allergies are a concern.
Not a Coconut Fan? You can make these just “blueberry cookie butter smoothies” by omitting the coconut extract and coconut garnish, and swapping in cultured almond milk for the coconut version.
Butter Flavor? Most imitation butter extracts actually contain no butter nor any dairy for that matter. At last check (verify yourself though!), both Watkins Imitation Butter Extract and McCormick Imitation Butter Flavor were dairy-free by ingredients. How fun is that?
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Plus Milk Beverage
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 4 teaspoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons dairy-free butter flavoring (see post above)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons shaved or shredded coconut, for garnish
- Add all ingredients (except the coconut garnish) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into four glasses and top each with ½ tablespoon coconut.