Thanks to Go Dairy Free viewer Cynthia for emailing her favorite dairy-free pancakes recipe. Really, this recipe couldn’t be easier since it uses a readily available baking mix. Most people don’t realize that Bisquick Original, Bisquick Heart Smart, and Bisquick Gluten-Free are made without dairy ingredients.
- 1 Cup Bisquick Baking Mix
- ½ Cup Soy Milk, plus a little extra if too thick [see note below]
- 1 Egg [Cynthia recommends Cage Free or Organic}
- ¾ Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar or Your Favorite Sweetener
- 1/16 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (a splash)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat a skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat (Cynthia uses a ceramic frying pan), and add a little dairy-free margarine to grease.
- Drop the batter by the ¼ cup onto the skillet and cook for a few minutes per side, or until bubbles begin to break at the surface and the pancakes are golden.
Variations: For gluten-free, try the Bisquick Gluten-Free. It should work in equal amounts in this recipe, since it does contain a binder.