This Flax and Sunflower Seed Bread was submitted by Rosey:
Just in case you want to mix it up a little, I always like breads that have more “stuff” in them…
This recipe is made simply in the bread machine and results in a wholesome and hearty loaf. The sunflower seeds on top give it some textural interest! Perfect for toast or sandwiches.
Special Diet Notes: Flax and Sunflower Seed Bread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegetarian, and optionally soy-free.
- 1⅓ cups water
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance (contains soy) or light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1½ cups bread flour
- 1⅓ cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- ½ cup ground or partially ground flax seeds (spice grinder works great)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Place all ingredients (except sunflower seeds) in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select basic white cycle; press start. Add the sunflower seeds when the alert sounds during the knead cycle.