Special Diet Notes: Extra Gingery Gingerbread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or extra light olive oil
- 1 cup dark molasses
- ½ cup apple or orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- ½ cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 10 inch springform pan.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar with oil, juice, molasses, eggs, and ginger. Mix in crystallized ginger. Stir in flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.