Another great recipe from Olympic Soy Yogurt, these orange pecan bran muffins are jammed with good stuff! They’re also very versatile, so feel free to switch up the citrus, dried fruit, or nuts to give it your own delicious spin!
Special Diet Notes Orange Pecan Bran Muffins
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For soy-free: use coconut, cashew, or almond based yogurt.
- 2 cups bran
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1-1/3 cups dairy-free yogurt
- Combine bran, flour, wheat germ, soda and salt.
- Add chopped dates, pecans and orange zest and toss lightly to separate and coat the dates.
- Combine butter, molasses and yogurt. Pour over dry ingredients and stir together just until blended.
- Pour into large greased or paper lined muffin tins, filling each to the top.
- Bake at 400 F (200 C) 20 to 25 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch.