The recipe for these marvelous pineapple macadamia scones is from TeaGuide.
Special Diet Notes: Pineapple Macadamia Scones
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally soy-free.
- 3 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon Sucanat® or other granulated sweetener
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sunflower or other light oil, or vegan margarine
- 8-ounce can crushed pineapple packed in juice
- plain dairy-free milk beverage
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix together the nuts, cinnamon, and 1 Tablespoon sweetener; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, ⅓ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in the oil or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture, pour in the pineapple with its juice, and stir until ingredients are just moistened (dough will be somewhat sticky).
- Transfer the mixture to a lightly floured board, and with floured hands knead about ten times (do not over-knead).
- Roll out the dough to about one-quarter inch thick, then cut with a floured 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter, or use a drinking glass dipped in flour if you have no biscuit cutter.
- Place each dough round onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush each round lightly with milk alternative, and sprinkle about a teaspoonful of the nut mixture on top, pressing in lightly with the back of a spoon or your fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.