This quinoa flax flatbread recipe comes from the innovative grain company, Northern Quinoa Corporation. It showcases their latest product, quinoa powder. For a fantastic topping option, try their flavorul Sun-Dried Tomato and Roasted Garlic Topping:
Many people are not aware that flax can be used as an egg substitute so this flatbread is not only extremely healthy, but it’s great for people who can’t eat dairy, gluten or eggs (like me). I froze the flatbread for several days before I had time to try a topping and it froze beautifully. I put the flatbread in the oven for a few minutes before I added all of the topping on it. Then I ate it…. yum!
Special Diet Notes: Quinoa Flax Flatbread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup NorQuin Brand – Quick Quinoa Powder Extra Fine
- 1 cup brown flaxseed
- 2⅓ cups Water
- Mix ingredients in a food processor until well blended – batter should be thin.
- Pour into a preheated, lightly oiled pan (medium high) and work quickly to spread thinly and evenly across the bottom.
- When the edges are pulling away and curling, gently turn over and cook about another 3 minutes (if it falls apart it’s not ready to be turned yet).
- Cool and serve with favorite topping – a guilt-free pizza or sandwich filling.