This recipe was posted as “CARL GOHS’ ZUCCHINI BREAD” by Paul and Freya Erickson on Just Baking. Though it seems its origins are James Beard, Beard on Bread.
Special Diet Notes: Zucchini Bread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower)
- 2 cups grated, peeled raw zucchini
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (I omitted this)
- Beat the eggs until light and foamy.
- Add the sugar, oil, zucchini, and vanilla and mix lightly but well.
- Combine the flour, salt, soda, baking powder, and cinnamon and add to the egg-zucchini mixture. Stir until well blended, add nuts, and pour into 2 greased loaf tins.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350°F/175°C) for one hour.
- Cool on a rack before serving.