This recipe for a breakfast power bowl is a “15 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Hidemi Walsh. For creamy probiotic enforcements, Hidemi uses Coconut Milk Yogurt from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Savory Breakfast Power Bowl
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, and vegetarian.
For a gluten-free breakfast power bowl, be sure to use wheat-free tamari for the soy sauce.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ small to medium avocado, peeled
- 6 ounces So Delicious Dairy-Free Plain Cultured Coconut Milk
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce (or wheat-free tamari for gluten-free)
- ¼ teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- Pinch salt
- Prepare cold water in a bowl (large enough to put 2 eggs)
- Make soft boiled eggs. In a saucepan, bring enough water to cook eggs to a boil. Reduce heat to medium heat, place eggs in a saucepan and simmer for 3-5 minutes (your desired doneness). Remove eggs from the saucepan and put eggs in the prepared bowl of cold water. Let cool.
- While eggs are cooking, make 2 kinds of sauce. In a small bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and maple syrup. In another small bowl, mix together olive oil and curry powder. Add salt to taste.
- Slice avocado crosswise thinly.
- Put 3 oz of cultured coconut milk into each serving microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for about 30 seconds. (just warm them up). Sprinkle pinch of salt.
- Remove the egg shells, cut each egg into half lengthwise and put on yogurt in each bowl. Put avocados evenly and drizzle the balsamic sauce and olive oil curry sauce on top.