Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegetarian.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or your sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups plain or vanilla dairy-free milk beverage
- ½ cup mashed banana (about 1 ripe banana)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (minis like Enjoy life (above) work best!), divided
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in the milk alternative, banana, egg, and vanilla. Fold in ¼ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spray a non-stick skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle to make 3-inch rounds. Cook about 2 minutes per side, or until the tops are bubbly. Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden. Contine making pancakes in this fashion until the batter is used up, spraying the pan with more cooking spray in between batches.
- Sprinkle the pancakes with the leftover chocolate chips to serve.