Having waffles in the freezer is always a treat. It’s so easy to some extras and freezing them for quick and delicious breakfasts – all you have to do is pop them in the toaster! These waffles are gluten-free and easy to prepare. They’re versatile and go with just about any toppings! We love to top them with fruit, nut butter, and of course a touch of maple syrup.
Special Diet Notes: Easy Freezin’ Waffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, soy-free, peanut-free, nut-free, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon GF baking powder (easy to find in major natural foods stores)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs (or substitute if desired)
- ½ cup of melted GFCF margarine or oil (I never said these were lowfat)
- 18.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (pure and gluten free)
- Mix the dry ingredients, and create a well in the middle.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, and pour into the well of the dry ingredients.
- Fold together, do not overmix.
- Cook according to your waffle maker's directions.
- Eat now, or if you wish to freeze, place them on paper towels (while you eat the other ones) to absorb any excess moisture while cooling.
- It is best to freeze them with wax paper separating each, but not totally necessary. Pop in the toaster or microwave for a quick breakfast.