This egg-free French toast is a truly unique spin that was brought to our attention by Meatout Mondays, however, its origin is from a quaint vegan website, Vegan 2000.
Special Diet Notes: Egg-Free French Toast
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 4 pitted dates
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 7 pieces of bread
- Whiz all ingredients but bread in blender until smooth. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip the slices of bread into the mix and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400º F until golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
- Top with applesauce or fresh fruit.