Special Diet Notes: Gluten-Free Gingerbread Pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking mix
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 large eggs separated
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt
- ¼ cup melted dairy-free margarine (such as Earth Balance or Spectrum)
- Beat egg white until soft peaks form.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a large bowl, mix the molasses, eggs, yogurt, and melted margarine. Let the mixture sit for a minute to soften the molasses crystals and then stir until they are dissolved.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until the two are just combined, gently fold in egg whites. Some lumps will remain.
- Cook pancakes on a greased griddle.