Thanks to Go Dairy Free viewer Laura for emailing in this fantastic recipe!
Special Diet Notes: Golden Sunshine Dairy-Free Pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- ½ cup water
- 4 T raw sugar
- 1-1/3 cup whole wheat flour (can substitute 1 cup ap flour + ¼ cup wheat germ)
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t baking powder
- dash of cinnamon (just enough to add depth of flavor w/o actually giving cinnamony taste)
- ½ cup of raisins (opt.)
- confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat a large electric or double-burner griddle to med-low.
- Beat the eggs, oj conc., water and sugar in small bowl.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients together in larger bowl.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix briefly. Some remaining lumps is fine. (Stir in raisins if desired.)
- Drop about ⅓ cup amounts of batter onto greased griddle. Leave until bubbles around the edges of the pancakes don’t fill back in (app. 2 min), then flip and cook about another 1-1/2 minute.
- Fan out cooked pancakes on a serving platter and sprinkle a little confectioner’s sugar on top.
- They are good w/ or w/o syrup.