Special Diet Notes: Homemade Muesli
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian.
The recipe below is from the e-newsletter, Micki's Kitchen Gazette. It can be altered to use whatever nuts, seeds, and dried fruits you have on hand, but we highly recommend choosing organic whenever possible. While it is easily a delicious breakfast, Micki claims that this recipe makes a delicious (dairy-free) "ice cream" topping …
- 8 cups quick oats (use certified gluten-free oats for gluten-free)
- 2 cups bran or wheat flakes cereal (use certified gluten-free oat bran for gluten-free)
- 1 cup unsweetened dry coconut
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup blueberries, raisin like
- 1 cup dried apples, chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ – ½ cup ground flax seeds
- ½ – ¾ cup fructose or brown sugar (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an air tight container. Use within 60 days.