Special Diet Notes: Oprah’s Scrambled Tofu
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 16-oz. firm tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup green onions, scallions, chives, sliced
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce [use wheat-free tamari for gluten-free]
- salsa & corn tortillas (optional)
- Drain and crumble tofu.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté garlic and diced pepper with olive oil on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled tofu first, then add remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally; serve with salsa and warm corn tortillas!