This recipe was developed by Terry Quadri of Northern Quinoa Corporation. They make a new quick quinoa powder that works well for many gluten-free application.
Special Diet Notes: Quick Quinoa Granola
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 8 tablespoons Quick Quinoa Powder. Extra-Fine, Organic (available as NorQuin brand)
- 20 whole almonds, raw
- 2 tablespoon ground golden flax
- ½ cup unsweetened fine coconut
- ½ cup dried sour cherries
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Put the almonds in a food processor and pulse for a coarse grind and then add remainder of ingredients and mix together briefly – don’t over mix into a paste. Put into a 5 x 9 silicone baking dish and place in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes but stir the mixture when it has been in the oven for 25 minutes and return to oven for the remainder of the time. Remove from oven, cool and store in a Ziplock bag in the fridge.