Special Diet Notes: Whole Wheat Pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, and vegetarian. Optionally nut-free.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons soy flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups plain dairy-free milk beverage
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. In another large mixing bowl combine eggs, oil and almond extract; whisk until combined. Stir in almond milk, or other milk alternative. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Batter should be slightly thick, adjust liquid if necessary.
- Pour batter by the ¼ cup full onto hot griddle. Cook until edges look dry and bubbles burst. Flip and cook another minute or so until golden brown. Serve warm.