Broccoli is one of my top five favorite foods – seriously. It’s also a great source of dairy-free calcium, vitamin K, vitamin C, and numerous other vitamins and minerals. So I love finding new ways to enjoy it. This broccoli salad with maple walnut vinaigrette was shared with us by Shady Maple Farms. You can enjoy it warm or cold, for lunch or potlucks. It’s simple, delicious, and refined sugar-free! And it’s a great side or potluck dish for all types of diets, from vegan to paleo.
Special Diet Notes: Broccoli Salad with Maple Walnut Vinaigrette
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, paleo-friendly, and vegetarian.
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Steam the broccoli, or boil it in lightly salted water, until crisp-tender. This takes about 5 to 7 minutes with steaming, 3 to 5 minutes with boiling.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the walnut oil.
- Place the cooked broccoli in a shallow serving dish. Pour the vinaigrette over the broccoli and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately for a warm dish. It can be refrigerated and served cold, if preferred.
Bacon Option: Crumble 2 slices of bacon or vegan bacon and sprinkle on with the walnuts.