This “Buttermilk” Vegan Biscuits recipe was an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest!
Recipe By: Beth Underwood
Author: Beth Underwood
Serves: 14 biscuits
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening (such as Spectrum Palm Shortening)
- 6 oz. dairy-free yogurt (such as So Delicious Plain Cultured Coconut Milk)
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until the size of large peas.
- Add “yogurt” and stir until ball is formed.
- Turn onto floured board and knead lightly.
- Roll dough to ½-inch thickness.
- Cut into 2-1/2-inch circles.
- Place in greased pan slightly touching.
- Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.