Spice up your Fish Fridays with these easy Cajun salmon burgers. Thanks to a few convenient ingredients, they’re a cinch to whip up and can be on the table in 30 minutes or less.
“Seafood is perfect for a quick Friday night dinner because fish filets and shrimp don’t take much time to cook,” said Chef Kevan Vetter of the McCormick Kitchens. “However, it’s easy to run out of ideas during the long Lenten season. Try this recipe for Cajun salmon burgers; the patties take just 10 minutes to cook in a skillet and are full of flavor from the Cajun seasoning.”
Of course, this is a fantastic casual Friday recipe to enjoy well past the Easter holiday. Serve these Cajun salmon burgers with home baked fries. To make them, simply cut potatoes into wedge or French fry shapes, toss with a little oil, sprinkle on some of that Cajun seasoning, and bake at 425ºF, turning once, until lightly browned. Enjoy with some of the leftover zesty lime mayo.
This recipe with photo for Cajun salmon burgers was shared with us by the McCormick Kitchens.
Special Diet Notes: Cajun Salmon Burgers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and pescetarian.
For dairy-free hamburger buns, we like Rudi’s Organic and Silver Hills Bakery. Both brands are made in dairy-free facilities (at last check) and are widely distributed in the US and Canada. For gluten-free, Canyon Bakehouse and Udi’s both offer easy to find, dairy-free options.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (organic, if possible)
- ½ teaspoon grated lime peel
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 3 pouches or cans (5 ounces each) boneless skinless salmon*, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs (gluten-free, if needed)
- ¼ cup natural mayonnaise (organic, if possible)
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (such as McCormick Perfect Pinch)
- 1 tablespoon oil (your favorite for pan frying)
- 4 hamburger buns (gluten-free, if needed)
- For the lime mayo, whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the Cajun salmon burgers, thoroughly stir the salmon, egg, panko, mayo, green onions, bell pepper and seasoning together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Shape the salmon mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick stick skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon patties and cook 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve the Cajun salmon burgers on the hamburger buns with the lime mayo and your desired toppings.