Cake, it’s what’s for breakfast. When you wake up craving something sweet, you no longer need to curb the impulse to eat dessert first. Now you can have these superlative, satisfying vegan cake batter protein bars.
This recipe post for cake batter protein bars is sponsored by No Udder Protein, a dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and vegan protein powder that we reviewed & approved without bias here.
These cake batter protein bars boast a vibrant rainbow of tasty sprinkles, nuts, and chocolate. But they also pack in a hefty dose of vital nutrients to help you power through the morning or recover after a good workout. Soft and chewy, with a hearty crunch in every bite, these aren’t just “protein bars”, they’re also mighty delicious breakfast bars!
To pump up the protein in this recipe, I used vegan No Udder Vanilla Protein Powder. It has a warm vanilla flavor and a smooth, rich pea protein base that begs to be used in these dairy-free cake batter protein bars.
Special Diet Notes: Cake Batter Protein Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup Vanilla No Udder Protein Powder (dairy-fee & soy-free)
- ½ cup oat flour (use certified gluten-free, if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup raw cashew butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup light agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sprinkles, chopped nuts, and/or mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease it.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer*, combine the oat flour, protein powder, and salt.
- Separately, mix together the cashew butter, melted coconut oil, agave, and vanilla before adding the whole concoction into the bowl of dry goods. Begin to mix slowly to incorporate.
- After about a minute of mixing, add the sprinkles, nuts, and/or chocolate, in any proportion your heart desires, as long as it's no more than ½ cup in total.
- Once the batter is smooth and cohesive, transfer it to your prepared pan and smooth it down into an even layer.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least 5 to 6 minutes, just until the bars are firm enough to cut.
- Use the foil like a sling to pull the bars out, and slice into individual servings. Store in an air-tight container or wrapped in plastic in the refrigerator.
Pingback: 30 Powerful Protein Bar Recipes: Post-Workout Bites | Chief Health
Pingback: Vegan Protein Sources - 45 Delicious Vegan Protein Recipes! - Vegan Heaven
Do you know how much protein is in each bar approximately?
It’s hard to say since I’m not sure how many scoops of the protein powder are in a cup! By my estimates, it is between 10 and 15 grams of protein per bar.
Pingback: Chocolate-Dipped Popcorn Power Bars Recipe (Dairy-Free / Gluten-Free)
These look so good! We use to make cake batter sprinkle balls and bars all the time and the girls loved them. We use to customize them with their team colors. We’re going to have to make them again soon and try this recipe out!
That’s so cool Sarah! What a fun idea for kids. I could totally see customizing these bar that way, too. Thanks for sharing!
These bars look so delicious! Must make soon!
LOOKS DELICIOUS!! 😉
How fun! And how super simple! I love making my own protein bars as long as it’s easy. 😉
Haha, you and me both Maria 🙂
How fun! These look amazing. Thanks so much Alisa!!
Thank you for the amazing Vanilla Protein powder – it’s awesome!
Oh, these sound so yummy!! Anything with cashew butter gets my vote! 🙂
Oh yes, I’m a cashew butter fanatic, too Jenn!
HOW FUN! I love that I could feed these to my kids and earn major #bossmom points while sneaking in some extra protein!
Yes, definite #bossmom points – I love it!
OHHHHH I want!!! I haven’t heard of that brand, but this sounds exactly up my alley. I love cake batter and brownie points (HAHA) for the protein!
Someone has dessert on the brain 🙂 You should definitely check them out Amanda – it’s a great performance line.
These look so fun! My toddler would absolutely love them, and I love that they are dairy free 🙂
Oh, these are my kind of bars! Love everything about these!
These look so good! Tasty and pretty. Perfection.
A friend recently told me about this No Udder Protein Powder. How could I NOT want to try it after seeing these protein bars! My kids would love these.
Yep, I’m pretty sure they would ADORE them 🙂