This recipe for cake batter pudding parfaits was submitted by Michele Kusma as a Sweet entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners will be announced on that post!).
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
To qualify for the contest, this recipe for cake batter pudding parfaits uses Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious Dairy Free.
According to Michele, “With just 3 simple steps, this impressive dessert can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. Cake batter pudding is layered with whipped topping for a fun and delicious combination. It’s hard to believe that this creamy dessert is dairy-free!”
She isn’t kidding. This is probably one of the most impressive instant party desserts we’ve seen! Great for weekend barbecues, potlucks, football games, and of course, birthday parties! And depending on the mixes you use, these cake batter pudding parfaits can fit almost any dietary needs.
Special Diet Notes: Cake Batter Pudding Parfaits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. Just use caution in the cake mix, pudding and rainbow sprinkles you select! And yes, certain flavors of Jell-O instant pudding mix, such as the Vanilla, are in fact dairy-free and even certified kosher parve.
For gluten-free, dairy-free cake batter pudding pafaits, don’t hesitate to use your favorite gluten-free, dairy-free cake mix, there are many to choose from, such as Bob’s Red Mill, 1-2-3 Gluten Free, and Cherrybrook Kitchen.
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box dairy-free instant vanilla pudding mix (Michele uses Jell-O brand)
- ¼ cup dairy-free yellow cake mix (Michele uses Duncan Hines)
- 1 (11-ounce) container So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free rainbow sprinkles, divided (Michele uses Wilton brand)
- 1 (9-ounce) container So Delicious Dairy Free CocoWhip, thawed
- Whisk together the dry pudding mix and dry cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut milk and beat with an electric mixer for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the pudding is creamy and lighter in color. Gently stir in 2 tablespoons sprinkles.
- Spoon the pudding into a zip-top plastic bag, and cut off a corner of the bag. Spoon the Coco Whip into another zip-top plastic bag, and cut off a corner.
- Layer the pudding and Coco Whip in parfait glasses, ending with a dollop of Coco Whip. Sprinkle the parfaits with the remaining sprinkles. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.