This recipe for couscous pudding is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Roxanne Chan. To qualify, she uses 8 ingredients or less, including coconut milk beverage by So Delicious.
Roxanne says this couscous pudding can be enjoyed as a dessert, for breakfast, or when a snack is in order.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Calypso Couscous Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For a vegan couscous pudding, use agave or BeeFree in place of the honey.
- 8 ounces pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 4 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 banana, diced
- ¼ cup minced crystallized ginger
- ¼ cup minced dried papaya
- ¼ cup honey
- garnish: mint sprigs
- Heat a medium sized saucepan; add the couscous and saute, stirring over medium high heat for 3 minutes or till golden brown.
- Add the coconut milk beverage and allspice. Cook uncovered till the couscous is tender and has a creamy appearance, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the banana, ginger, papaya and honey.
- Divide among dessert cups, garnish and serve.