This raw cheese sauce recipe is altered from “May All be Fed” by John Robbins.
Special Diet Notes: Bold & Raw Cheese Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1-8 ounce package firm tofu, crumbled
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ⅓ cup raw tahini
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or paprika
- Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Best served at room temperature or heated a bit. Very bold flavor, a little goes a long way.