Special Diet Notes: Melty Cheese
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and optionally nut-free.
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup raw almonds, cashews, or sunflower seeds (for nut-free)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it becomes thick.
- Recommended on macaroni, vegetables and potatoes.