Making your own dairy-free cheese is not only more affordable than store bought, but also more wholesome. Plus it’s easy to prepare! This vegan melty cheese has a lovely creamy texture that melts nicely into pasta or casseroles and on top of pizza or nachos. It’s versatile and incredibly delicious!
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Melty Cheese
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1-16 ounce package of silken tofu
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until very smooth. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it becomes thick. Spice it up to serve on nachos, use it as a dip, in a casserole, or smothered on potatoes and vegetables.