Comfort meets convenience in this FOUR “cheese” vegan lasagna pasta. The recipe was submitted by Keisha Dowdy as a Savory entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners will be announced on that post!).
Keisha isn’t shy about making full use of dairy-free cheese alternatives to fulfill her cravings. If you can easily get Daiya brand in your area, then this vegan lasagna pasta could become a requested repeat on your family’s weeknight menu, too.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
To qualify for the contest, this recipe for vegan lasagna pasta uses Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious Dairy Free.
Special Diet Notes: Super Cheesy Vegan Lasagna Pasta
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
For soy-free vegan lasagna pasta, use Daiya brand for the cream cheese alternative, too.
For gluten-free vegan lasagna pasta, use gluten-free rotini pasta and cook to al dente according to the package directions.
- 1 lb uncooked rotini pasta
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup dairy-free cheddar-style shreds (Keisha uses Daiya)
- ½ cup dairy-free cream cheese alternative (Keisha uses Tofutti)
- ¼ block dairy-free Havarti-style "cheese" (Keisha uses Daiya)
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 large tomatoes, pureed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup dairy-free mozzarella-style shreds (Keisha uses Daiya)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain and return pasta to the pot.
- Stir the coconut oil, red peppers and garlic into the pasta, followed by the cheddar-style, cream cheese and Havarti-style alternatives.
- Turn the heat on to low and cook, stirring frequently, to melt the cheese alternatives.
- Gradually stir in the pureed tomato and milk beverage, continuing to cook until the pasta is well coated. Add the basil, garlic salt and paprika, one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Add all spices and seasoning one at a time lightly stirring after you add each one. Taste test and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Plate and serve immediately, garnished with the mozzarella-style shreds.
Pingback: Plant-Based Game Day Foods Everyone Will Love - Veganosity
Pingback: 25 Best One Pot Meals