This recipe for quinoa pancakes is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Denise Viola. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk and Almond Milk Ice Cream by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For a double dose of sweet and cherry, Denise sometimes tops these pancake stacks with Cherry Amaretto Dairy-Free Ice Cream.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Cherry Almond Quinoa Pancakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1½ cups So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus Vanilla Almond Milk
- ¾ cup egg whites or egg white substitute
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 scoops Cherry Amaretto flavored So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Milk Frozen Dessert, plus additional for topping
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Red cherries, for garnish (optional)
- Powdered sugar, for garnish (optional)
- Place the quinoa, almond milk, egg white, sugar, 2 scoops frozen dessert, oil, baking powder, almond, and salt in a blender and blend until a smooth mixture.
- Heat a well-oiled, large skillet or griddle over medium heat and pour quinoa pancake batter (by the ¼ cup per pancake) onto skillet.
- Cook until pancake is lightly browned on bottom, then flip pancake with spatula and cook other side until lightly browned. (Approximately 1-2 minutes per side)
- Top quinoa pancakes with fresh cherries and powdered sugar or a scoop (or 2) of Cherry Amaretto flavored So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Milk Frozen Dessert, if desired.