Tomatoes are a classic bruschetta topping, but why not mix things up with another seasonal fruit. This cherry bruschetta boasts sweet, savory, and zesty flavors all in one. It’s bright, fresh, and sure to become a new al fresco favorite for spring and summer. The original recipe used dairy cheese, but we’ve successfully substituted a few wonderful dairy-free cheese alternatives – including homemade and store-bought options.
This fresh cherry sauce recipe with photo was shared with us by nwcherries.com.
Special Diet Notes: Cherry Bruschetta
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based and vegetarian.
- 18 slices (1/2-inch thick) small baguette-style bread (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups pitted fresh sweet cherries, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces dairy-free ‘goat cheese,’ soft vegan mozza, or cream cheese alternative (or nut-free option)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast one side for 5 minutes. Turn the slices, brush the tops with ½ tablespoon olive oil and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cherries, cilantro, sweet pepper, green onions, lime juice, lime peel, garlic salt, pepper and remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil until well combined.
- Top each baguette with the dairy-free cheese, 1 tablespoon cherry mixture, and a sprinkle of basil. Serve warm or cold.