These fudgy black bean brownies are like a sundae on their own! They’re spiked with fresh cherries, nuts and coconut to compliment the rich, chocolaty goodness. And unlike most brownies, these are healthy enough for a sweet snack! The recipe is a Sweet entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Fiona Green.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Special Diet Notes: Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
For nut-free, dairy-free fudgy black bean brownies, simply omit the pecans.
Confuse eggs with dairy? You’re not alone! See this post: Are Eggs Dairy?
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup sorghum flour*
- ½ cup cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-processed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup frozen cherries, halved
- ½ cup pecan halves, chopped
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a food processor mix the beans, milk beverage, eggs and oil until well combined and relatively smooth. Add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Stir in the chopped cherries and nuts then pour into a greased 8x10-inch baking pan. Sprinklethe top with coconut flakes.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean.