One of my favorite ingredients for banana-free smoothies is frozen mango. It offers creamy body and an amazing sweet, tropical flavor that is delicious with just about any red fruit: strawberries, pomegranate, raspberries, and definitely cherries. These simple cherry mango smoothies have just 4 healthy ingredients, and a scrumptious sweet-tart taste.
This recipe was shared with us by Choose Cherries and the Cookin Canuck, along with some interesting tips for getting better sleep:
- Drink a glass of tart cherry juice, or enjoy one of these cherry mango smoothies before you go to bed for a week. According to the research, tart cherry juice can help reduce the severity of insomnia and improve sleep efficiency.
- Turn off computers and gadgets an hour or two before bedtime – the screens can emit blue light that suppresses the sleep hormone melatonin, leading to late night wakefulness.
- Work in some daily exercise to lower stress levels and improve sleep patterns. Just make sure to allow enough time to come down from your fitness high.
- Head to bed a the same time to help set your biological clock that controls rhythms for wake and sleep.
Special Diet Notes: Cherry Mango Smoothies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally paleo.
- 1½ cups tart cherry juice
- 1½ cups frozen mango chunks
- ¾ cup plain dairy-free yogurt (coconut, almond or soy)
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar (for vegan)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Divide between 2 glasses.
My kids love smoothies and I always use a banana but next time I’m trying your mango trick! Thanks for sharing
This sounds great and simple! I love the background too by the way 🙂
I love smoothies, thanks for sharing this cherry one!
I’ve never thought of putting mango and cherries together, thats a fun idea!
It’s a seriously delicious combo – super sweet but perfectly tart!
What a surprising combination! Sounds like a combination I would totally try! I love bananas, but I would like some alternatives to my banana base, so this is a “Must Try”. #laceyslegacy
I know, I’m the same – addicted to my morning banana, but mangoes help me mix things up!
I’ve only just started adding cherries to smoothies and LOVE the tartness!