This recipe was originally shared with us by Scott Phillips from Get Your Grill On. That blog has departed, but this easy entree lives on. It’s a very easy main that adds flavor to a naturally dairy-free meal. The flavor influence is Spanish but this chili lime shrimp also pairs well with most Mexican dishes. Scott had this to say about his recipe:
Shrimp is a natural choice for warm weather entertaining. It cooks quick and, with a simple marinade, it takes on whatever flavor you are in the mood for. This chili lime shrimp is incredibly flavorful and so simple to whip up. It’s great as an appetizer, with rice and vegetables, or in tacos!
Special Diet Notes: Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¾ to 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, salt, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Add the shrimp and stir to thoroughly coat. Let marinade for 15 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat your grill.
- Thread the shrimp onto the soaked skewers and cook on a hot grill until just cooked through, about 1 minute per side.