This recipe for raw avocado cucumber is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Mya Zeronis. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 core ingredients or less, but includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Chilled Raw Avocado Cucumber Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and raw.
- 12 ounces (1 ½ cups) So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 6 ounces So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Cultured Almond Milk (yogurt)
- 2 medium cucumbers (unpeeled, if organic), 1-inch sliced
- ½ medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon oil (extra-virgin olive oil preferred)
- 2 ripe avocados, pits removed, quartered; peeled
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Puree all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Cover and chill in fridge for at least one hour.
- To serve, pour into pre-chilled stoneware soup bowls.