According to Kristen Suzanne:
This is 1 of my 2 winning recipes in the Sept + Oct issue of VegNews Magazine!! With noodles originally coming from China, I wanted to create a recipe with oriental flavors and noodles. This easy recipe has turned out to be one of our raw vegan favorites at home. And, it’s great to take to family and friend get-togethers as your dish to pass.
Special Diet Notes: Raw Chinese Zucchini Noodles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 4 to 5 zucchini, peeled and spiralized into noodles*
- 1 to 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons hemp seed oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine (or more!)
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons wheat-free tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup shelled hemp seeds (also called hemp hearts)
- Place the noodles and the minced bell pepper(s) in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the hemp seeds, to your blender and blend to combine.
- Pour the sauce into a glass mason jar and stir in the hemp seeds.
- Just before serving, pour about ½ cup of the sauce over the noodles and toss to combine.
- Add more sauce, if desired.
- Store any left over sauce in a glass mason jar and use as a dip for veggies or dressing for salad.
Variation: Add ½ cup chopped cilantro or parsley to the noodles. This sauce is scrumptious served as a dressing over chopped Swiss chard and cucumbers.