Who has jumped on the avocado toast bandwagon? I definitely have, but the richness of the avocado combined with hearty whole grain bread makes me stop at one slice – it’s so darn filling. I usually go all savory, with a little lemon, salt and pepper for contrast, but this chipotle orange version offers sweet, savory, spicy and zesty all rolled up into one! It’s perfect for a unique, low sugar, nutrient-filled breakfast or snack.
This Chipotle Orange Avocado Toast recipe with photo was shared with us by Dole.
Special Diet Notes: Chipotle Orange Avocado Toast
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread (or gluten-free, if needed)
- ½ avocado, diced or smashed
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup jarred mandarin oranges, drained
- ½ teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 lime wedge
- Lightly toast the bread and top it with the avocado.
- Season with a shake or two of salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a medium bowl, toss the orange segments with the chopped chipotle peppers, and spoon it over the avocado toast.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime over top.