This healthy chocolate berry smoothie recipe is from Sally Parrott Ashbrook of the blog, Aprovechar.
Sally also notes, “Of course, you can avoid the hemp powder and try adding other protein sources to give your smoothie staying power, as well. Several people have told me they swear by rice protein powder, and many healthy folks I know make smoothies with greens like kale and spinach for fiber and protein.”
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Berry Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup dairy-free milk beverage
- ⅔ cup frozen berries (I used raspberries and blackberries)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate hemp protein powder (or other dairy-free protein powder)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (will blend into tiny chunks, so use chocolate syrup instead, or skip it, if you want a smooth texture)
- Combine all ingredients in the blender, and blend well. Add more ice for a thicker smoothie.
For three more recipes using chocolate HempShake, see this post on Aprovechar!